Tuesday, October 16, 2007

[12/18/06] Different point of view

I like getting a new perspective on things sometimes. It makes me appreciate more. For example. My parents are skilled in the kitchen. We always had home cooked meals growing up. Hardly ever ate cafeteria food. Going out to Hardees or Pizza Hut was a major highlight of the week for us kids. Now that I don't live at home I long for home cookin. I totally took it for granted. Meal time for me now is mostly depressing because it just reminds me how much I miss my mom and dad. Getting invited to eat something homemade in a house with a family is a big deal. Last week I drove to Alabama and when I got to my friend's house there was a pot of spaghetti waiting for me. I almost cried. It was a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment