Tuesday, October 16, 2007

[02/14/07] Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Sometimes I enjoy strange movies with hard to follow plots. One such movie that I recently saw was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's about a guy who has a procedure to erase his girlfriend from his memory to get back at her for erasing him from her memory. But halfway through, as he's re-living each memory as it's being erased, he realizes he really doesn't want to lose the memories. So I was thinking. If I could erase certain memories from my mind, would I? If I could make my mind spotless and have eternal sunshine, would I? I don't think I would. I think it's a mix of the good, the bad and the ordinary that make life so special. It gives us depth and makes us grow. Given the option, I don't think I would erase one person, one sad day or one single memory. In a weird way I treasure all of my memories, and I wouldn't trade in any of them for all the sunshine in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment