Tuesday, October 16, 2007
[10/07/07] Baby got back
...to Texas on Thursday night after 35 hours of traveling! I was totally wasted and still haven't gotten over the jetlag. Culture shock hasn't been too shocking but I have some adjusting yet to do. So many things are so extremely opposite to where I've come from, like the deafening silence, the sweetest smelling fresh air ever, the absolute solitude and the freedom to go anywhere I want whenever I want by myself. I've gone through this transition several times before, and I feel like it takes me a little less time to feel normal again with each trip. The hardest part is still leaving friends or having friends leave me. I've gotten used to it a little, but it never gets easier. I have three more weeks in Texas to process and reflect and adjust before I go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment