Today was one of those Twilight Zone days where nothing makes any sense. I had a plan to go shoot video this afternoon at a class in Bomi county. It was all planned out. So I'm waiting in reception for my driver, it's 1:10 and I'm still waiting. I check a few places, make some calls, nothing. I then go look at the sign out sheet only to find that he's signed out. Off the ship. So I find another vehicle and another driver and I sign out. Then I notice that the person I'm going out to shoot video of is not signed out. Still on the ship. I try to find her, but I can't. I'm so confused. Then I check the vehicles and find that her vehicle is gone. So maybe she just forgot to sign out. I find a vehicle and driver again and we leave the ship. By now it's 2:00 and I was supposed to be there at 2:00 and it takes an hour to get there and the class ends at 3:00. By God's grace I get there and she's there and I still have about ten minutes to shoot the video I need. *Sigh* of relief.
When I get back to the ship I decide to check my e-mail. There's a message from someone saying 'Hi I'm the new video person at the IOC.' Uhhhhh...OK. I thought I was in charge of that department. But, sure. Why would I need to know that there's a new person in my office doing my job working on a project that I've adamantly been saying NO to for two plus years? I guess I'm as good as gone. Ugh. Friday afternoons are not supposed to be like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment