Monday, October 15, 2007

[05/17/06] Caddo Lake camping & canoeing


I went camping last weekend at Caddo Lake. It's a huge lake and bayou and swampy area on the border of Louisiana and Texas. They say it's the only natural lake in Texas. But it does have a dam now, so I guess technically there are no real lakes in Texas. I was in charge of reserving the campsite and canoes, figuring out who was going and how much money each person owed. Eight of us camped, and twelve of us canoed on Saturday. We were out on the bayou and in the swamps for most of the day. It was a beautiful hot sunny day. We saw an alligator. (My canoe-mates, Nathan and Carolina, thought they saw an alligator, but I convinced them that it makes a much better story if they just say I saw an alligator. It's true isn't it?) Saturday night we made hobo dinners. I think making fires and eating hobo dinners are my favorite things about camping. Canoeing is okay, maybe once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment