Monday, October 15, 2007

[05/31/06] What's the big deal?

I went to see The DaVinci Code last weekend. It's a movie. Based on a book. Written by a man with an imagination. I had to see what all the controversy was about. I gotta say, it's not that bigga deal. I did not feel offended or like my faith was being attacked in any way. It's a movie. How many movies have been made about the quest for the Holy Grail? Lots and lots. The DaVinci Code is just another one of those movies that recreates history in an obviously fictitious manner. It's along the lines of National Treasure or Raiders of the Lost Ark, only not as much action and adventure. It's a treasure hunt movie, that's all. The only thing that could make it slightly believable is the fact that the Catholic Church does have a sketchy past and they probably have kept some secrets at some point in time. It's not the greatest movie ever, but c'mon, Ron Howard directed it and Tom Hanks is the star. How bad could it be? Not bad. That's the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment