
True! In the ten months I've been with Mercy Ships I've reunited with more people that I know from my year and a half with Mercy Ships five years ago than I ever did in the four years I was home from the eight years before I joined Mercy Ships the first time. If that doesn't make any sense, what I'm trying to say is it's a small world and it keeps shrinking. Last Monday I was eating lunch and in walked my old DTS roommate Becky. We met back in July of 1999 on our way to the Anastasis. We scrubbed greasy engine room walls, chipped miles of rust and wandered across Southern Africa for five months with the most amusing, strange, lovable mishmash of people ever assembled. It was a nice surprise to see her again. She about spilled water all over the lunch line when I came up and said "Becky?" Also my friend Natalie from the Orientation course I did in January was here. Becky and Natalie are nurses and came for the one week Navigating Medical Missions course. In fact they both work at the same hospital in Seattle and had to come to the middle of nowhere East Texas to meet.
I went camping last weekend at Caddo Lake, on the Texas/Louisiana border. We went canoeing all day Saturday and explored some swamps full of cypress trees, spanish moss, lilly pads and lots of green floating stuff. God sure got creative. Didn't see any alligators, or Yoda. I think the pictures are good. Look at them. Please.
No comments:
Post a Comment