Monday, October 15, 2007

[01/19/06] Being stranded in Brussels isn't too bad

I left Dallas last Thursday morning, headed for Chicago, then Brussels, and finally to arrive in Monrovia Liberia Friday night. After we boarded our plane in Chicago we heard that something was broken. They tried to fix it a couple times then said we needed a new plane. So we all got off. About four hours later we boarded our plane to Brussels, but only after being assured that our connecting flight in Brussels would wait for us because there were so many people needing to get to Monrovia and only three flights a week that go there. When we arrived in Brussels, however, our flight was gone and nobody knew anything. The next flight was on Sunday and already overbooked. Every flight was booked for the next month. We (myself and 11 other Mercy Shippers) decided to let them put us up in the airport Sheraton five star hotel until we figured out what to do. What we did was discover that Paris is only a one hour train ride from Brussels. So on Saturday we went to Paris. We saw the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, and Notre Dame! It was outrageously awesome to say the least. I was numb by the end of the day (because I only packed clothes for Africa not Europe) but very happy. On Sunday we all decided what the heck we may as well try to get on standby for the flight to Monrovia. Miraculously we all made it on the flight, and I finally set foot in Liberia Sunday evening. I'm happy to be here, but if you were to ask me what is my least favorite airline in the world I would probably say American Airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment