Last weekend I drove up to Arkansas. I was trying so hard to stay under 80mph, but I guess I got caught up in the music for a minute and then I saw the flashing lights in my rearview. The trooper said I was going 84 and asked where I was headed and if there was an emergency. I guess because of my out of state license and plates and because I was on my way out of the state, he figured it wasn't worth writing a ticket. Or he just thought I was a charming, sweet and innocent girl and he didn't want me to cry. He said we don't usually extend this courtesy to people going 14 miles over the speed limit, but I'm just going to give you a warning. I have been meaning to get a Texas license and plates for a while. Procrastination pays off! God bless Texas!
Anyways I went to Hot Springs to visit my Grandma. She was there visiting her sister (Aunt Thelma) whose husband (Uncle Larry) passed away a couple weeks ago. I feel really blessed that I was able to drive up and see them this summer, first time I'd seen them in over ten years. Grandma, Aunt Thelma and I took a mini roadtrip to Little Rock and we went to the Clinton Presidential Library and Museum. I finally met my mom's cousin and her daughter plus a couple other second cousins I didn't know I had. Kind of weird to think that there's people out in the world that are related to me and I don't even know them.
No comments:
Post a Comment