
Last Saturday I drove to Houston with two friends. As we set out, we knew that whatever happened, the day would be an adventure. The first adventure came when the rain started and we had to put new windshield wipers on our friend's Jeep. We made it to Houston, took a few wrong turns, made many u-turns and met up with another friend at the aquarium. (We saw a python that could swallow a human.) Then we got lost in traffic some more and eventually ended up at a gigantic mall where we ate and tooled around for a while longer. The biggest adventure of the day came on the ride home. It was drizzly and wet. Then the rain turned white and clumpy. Then I couldn't distinguish the falling snow from the reflectors on the road. It was the weirdest thing. (I've never driven in snow.) It looked like on Star Wars when they go into hyperdrive. And it felt like the car wasn't moving at all. It was like the opposite effect of being in a car wash, when you feel like you're moving but you're not. I had to pull over for a while because it was really messing with my head. And I couldn't see the road. It was very exciting to see real snow again though, not just flurries. And totally bizarre considering it's April and it felt like summer last week. [Click here for some pictures.]
No comments:
Post a Comment