Tuesday, October 16, 2007

[04/15/07] I'm going

...to the Africa Mercy. And I finally know when! I actually have a plane ticket. On Friday April 27th I fly from Dallas to London, switch airports, then fly to Newcastle. A few days later the ship will leave England and go to Rotterdam in The Netherlands. Then we'll head south, stop off in the Canary Islands to fuel up, and hopefully get to Liberia some time in May. I haven't even bothered to memorize the schedule because I'm sure the dates will change. But that's okay. At least I know for sure that I'm going now. I came this close (an inch) to not being able to go. So I'm very excited. I've been waiting to do this for a year. I've got my seasickness patches. All my equipment is ready for action. I'm just waiting for one piece of software to come in the mail, then I'm all ready to set up a deluxe edit suite on that ship and shoot all kinds of sweet sailing video.

No comments:

Post a Comment