Tuesday, October 16, 2007

[05/08/07] "Volunteers are needed...

...on deck 3 port and starboard side to help clean up water." (A recently heard PA announcement) Ahh, ship life. We left Rotterdam a few hours ago and just made it out into the North Sea. The wind is really kicking today. The waves are splashing all the way up to deck 8. Things and people are sliding and swaying as the ship rocks from side to side. And apparently some water got inside where it shouldn't be. We're expecting wild weather today and tomorrow as we pass through the English Channel and the Bay of Biscay. But it was a great three day stop in Rotterdam. Over a thousand people came onboard for tours, also lots of media and some bigwig major donors. There were also lots of Mercy Ships communications people around having meetings. I got sucked in a couple times, but mostly managed to steer clear. I had a video to edit and was thankful for my little secluded office/storage closet. I was able to get off-ship a few times to eat, explore and watch Spiderman 3. I like Rotterdam. But I'm ready to be warm again. Next stop Tenerife! [Click here for some new photos.]

No comments:

Post a Comment