Monday, October 15, 2007

[01/10/06] Vacation's over, back to work


I had a great Christmas vacation! It was completely relaxing and refreshing. It was fun too. I saw some movies, ate at some of my favorite places, went to Sea World, did some park hopping at Disney, got to show my videos to a bunch of people, and I got some good Christmas presents! I went up to Georgia for my cousin Bill's Army homecoming. Man, that was so cool to see all the buses drive in and watch 300 soldiers march across the field toward the bleachers where all their families were waiting and cheering. They had to stand in formation for the National Anthem, some Army songs and a speech. Then it was pandemonium as everyone in the stands rushed on the field to find their soldier. Very exciting! I flew back to Alabama on Friday and spent one more day there, then I drove back to Texas on Sunday. Back to work now. I had about a thousand e-mails to wade through, and now I'm frantically trying to unpack, repack, and get everything ready to go to Liberia on Thursday. We'll get there just in time for the new president's inauguration. It's a historic event because it's the first elected president they've had since the civil war and she's the first woman president in Africa. It's a great time for the Anastasis to be in Liberia and a great time for me to be on the Anastasis. Check out my new Christmas Vacation photo album. Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment