Monday, October 15, 2007
[10/11/05] Thanks for the reminder
Isn't it cool when God shows you something in a way you haven't seen it before and he does it multiple times in different ways right at a time when that's what you really need? Lately he's been reminding me about his faithfulness. It's one of those topics Christians talk about a lot, but this time something clicked in a new way for me. I read it in a book, then a couple days later I heard a speaker talking about the exact same thing. Coincidence? Here's what the book said: "Stop trying to muster up hope for what's ahead, when you can look back and be reassured. You won't fear the future as much when you recognize and acknowledge his faithfulness in the past...we learn more about trust only by trusting. We grow in our hope only by hoping." It seems obvious, but I never really thought about it like that. So, looking back I see that I have about a million reasons to never have to worry about the future ever again.
No comments:
Post a Comment