Monday, October 15, 2007

[12/06/05] Houston weekend


I went down to Houston this past weekend with my friends Emily and Daniel. They're from there, so I got to meet the families and get some good home cooking and sleep on their floor. It was a fun-filled sleep-deprived weekend! We walked through the world's biggest Ikea. Obviously it's in Texas so it has to be the biggest. We went bowling twice. Actually we never bowled, which is good because I stink at it, but I did whip everybody at pool and a video game called Golden Tee. We visited Texas' Oldest Microbrewery and got free samples! Did you know Saint Arnold was the patron saint of brewers? He spent his life warning people about the hazards of drinking water, which was not necessarily safe to drink during the dark ages. Beer however was quite safe. Anyways it was fun to get away for a weekend and explore Houston with some natives. It reminded me a lot of Orlando...warm weather, palm trees and sprawling suburbs. On the way home we stopped at the big Sam Houston statue and found his giant face in the woods. Kindof creepy at night, but I was brave enough to stand next to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment