Monday, October 15, 2007

[09/08/05] When family comes to visit


I like to be in control. I like to make a plan and have things go according to it. Usually I'm pretty easy-going, but when things don't go my way for any amount of time, ooohhh...

My parents and grandparents came to visit me. It was so much fun spending time with them and showing them around my neck of the woods. But the entire week was a huge stretching experience for me. Not because my family's hard to deal with, but because I had to throw all my plans out the window and be flexible. That really sucks sometimes. Right after I picked up my mom and dad in Dallas last Thursday, my car went to crap. It had just gotten out of the shop the day before, but it was overheating again. It got towed to a Firestone, and after waiting most of the day for a diagnosis, we realized they wanted to rip me off. So we filled it up with fluids and decided to try and get it back to Van. It made it back, and has been sitting at Jamie's Country Car Care ever since. Thankfully a friend loned us his car, and we were able to go to the rodeo, visit some friends in Tyler, tool around Mineola, eat at The Dinner Bell, and some other fun stuff. My family had a great time and were very impressed with the Mercy Ships base and how pretty East Texas is. They helped me chill out about my car too. Grandma and Grandpa continued on their journey from Idaho to Florida on Monday, and Mom and Dad flew back to Orlando yesterday. I miss them. Set your eyes upon some new photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment