Monday, October 15, 2007

[10/07/06] Week three now I'm free

I saw and did everything I wanted to and had to. Now it's time to mosey on back to Texas. My last week in Africa was the busiest for sure. I spent a lot of time off-ship. Went to a construction site, a bee keeping village, a rabbit raising class, a play with the local kids night, and I did a lot of interviews. Some weird things happened too. Like one night I was standing in my cabin and the ship suddenly lurched in an unusual way. I looked out my porthole and there was the back side of a ship. Right there. I ran up to the deck and saw that a big cargo ship had bumped into our ship and left a dent in the side. A couple days later a crew member's heart just stopped. They did cpr and shocked her for like 15 minutes before she started breathing again. It's a miracle that she had no serious damage. So yeah it's been an interesting week. Never a dull moment. My time here has been good, strange, fun and most importantly productive. Now I've got a weekend to chill out with my buddies, then I'm on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment