Monday, October 15, 2007

[09/17/05] On assignment

I just got back from the Gulf Coast. Wow, some amazing stuff. Trees snapped in half, boats out of water, debris everywhere. It looked like Florida last summer, only probably worse. Mercy Ships is helping out a lot with the rebuilding process in Mobile and Gulfport. The Caribbean Mercy has visited those towns many times so it's neat to be able to give back to communities that have given so much to us. And community development is kindof one of our specialties. It was exciting for me to finally get to stay on the Caribbean Mercy. I was supposed to go to the ship this summer in the Dominican Republic. But staying in Mobile turned out to be a good thing. Nathan (cameraman) and I (field producer) spent two days doing interviews and capturing everything Mercy Ships is doing on tape. Now we're back in Texas, and I'm writing a press release and script and hope to get the story on TV somewhere some time next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment