Monday, October 15, 2007

[09/29/06] Week two through

It's Friday afternoon, and I'm wrapping up my second week of video shooting in Ghana. I interviewed an opthalmologist this morning and he said something about "giving back" and it got me thinking about that whole concept of "to whom much has been given much will be required." The funny thing is that even though we have so much to give, it's the smallest little things that can make the biggest difference. I gave away my shoes the other day. I didn't even think about it. This woman's shoe was broken and I had three more pairs in my room. It hardly meant anything to me. But she was so grateful. We drove a patient home on Wednesday...a way to say thanks for letting me stick my camera in your face all week. Plus I wanted to get some cool shots of him in his village. But it was more than just a free ride to him. He was honored that we took the time to come see his home and meet his family. It really doesn't take much.

No comments:

Post a Comment