
I am on the Africa Mercy and we are sailing out of England tomorrow! When I think about all the people and all the work and the years that went into getting this ship ready to sail to Africa, I realize that it's totally not fair that I get to be here. Especially as I'm working on my computer and going through all these old photos and videos from the past eight years. My computer belonged to the ship's former communications person. He worked here for years while the ship was tied up or in drydock. And now the only reason I'm here and he's not is because he has a family and there wasn't room for all of them on the ship. I never imagined I would be here for the momentous maiden voyage. So many others worked for this. Yet here I am. I got handed a huge treat on a silver platter and I didn't even try. I'm thrilled to be here. I'm honored and excited and happy to be here. But it just doesn't seem fair in the grand scheme. How do I rate? Why should I get to enjoy the fruit of so many people's labor? I don't know. But I will enjoy it. And I will shoot some darn good video of it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment