Tuesday, October 16, 2007

[06/20/07] Bill


My cousin Bill died in Iraq yesterday. What actually happened we don't know yet, just that he's gone. It's weird to think that I won't see him again. I've never lost a family member until now. I know, I'm blessed. Now I've lost a cousin. But I'm not so sad for my loss. I'm heart-broken for my Aunt Jeanne who lost a son. For Conietha who lost a husband. For Anastasia, Cameron and Spencer who lost a dad. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a son or a husband. But the idea of losing my dad makes me feel sick. And I've had him for a lot longer than they had their's. I'm so blessed. I guess it's normal to think about life at a time like this. I am. I'm thinking about how precious it is. And how fragile. I'm thinking about how big God is and how our lives are just a tiny blip on the radar of eternity. And yet each one is meaningful and important to Him. I don't understand it, but I believe it. Bill is a hero. He was a good man. A good cousin, son, husband, dad, brother, grandson, nephew, friend and soldier. He served his country. And he was working to make the world a better place. A worthy cause, I'd say. I'm so proud, and thankful that I got to know such a cool guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment