
I've really been noticing some of my theories and beliefs lately. Probably some of them I've always had, maybe I just didn't notice because I never had to put them into practice before. Anyways I feel like I've learned a lot about myself in the past couple years. And I feel like me, and like with each year I get a tiny bit closer to being the person I'm supposed to be. So here's some of the random bits of advice, ideas and cliches that help me get through. First, staying young at heart is a huge priority. Age is a state of mind and I don't want to get old. I believe that in any situation you get out of it what you put into it, and even if it's a sucky situation, ultimatley it is what you make it. I like to think I can do anything I put my mind to. But realistically I am human and have limits. So I decided I'm going to do what I can do (and give it my best) and not do what I can't do (and not stress out about it). I believe if you can't do something well, you shouldn't do it at all. I believe God wants what's best for us. Life's not always happy, but I don't think God would want us to stay in a situation that makes us continually miserable. I believe God is way more creative than I am. His plans are bigger and better than mine. He usually doesn't tell me what his plans are though, so just believing and trusting that he wants what's best for me is something I work at every day. Finally, freedom. Like the book says in Galatians 5, it is for freedom that he set us free. He set us free so we could be free. A concept lost on many Christians, but I get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment