
I made it to Ghana last Sunday night. The journey was smooth. My first flight from Dallas to Frankfurt seemed to go pretty quick, which doesn't make any sense because I hardly slept at all. I realized that when they started serving breakfast at 7am that it was only midnight to me and I rarely go to bed that early. It was weird. I had a really short layover in Frankfurt. By the time I got on my flight to Accra I was ready to crash...I mean sleep. I was a total space cadet when I arrived at the ship, but somehow I felt pretty normal the next day and started to work at 8am. I started filming some patients and scoping out other stories. I observed two surgeries and visited an eye clinic, a dental clinic, a micro-enterprise training project and four well drilling sites. I've still got a lot to accomplish in the next two weeks though. It's been really great to have some good friends on the ship to hang out with. It's almost an entirely new crew from last time I was here in February. It's interesting being a part of this thing and yet being an outsider at the same time. Interesting. That's all I can say about that right now. The Ghanaian people are great, and the kids are about the cutest things ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment