This is the other video I worked on when I was in Kenya earlier this year. I didn't do the editing, but I did shoot most of the video and helped write the script. After every one of those interviews I was like "really?!" or "wowww" or "how did I never know any of this?" The information was all new to me. And the experience of filming deaf people was completely different from anything I've ever done. Normally in an interview I will listen to a person's response and then ask them to say it again in just a few sentences or in just a few seconds. Well that doesn't work for deaf people because they are story tellers, and they don't think or communicate in neat little sound bites. It was a unique challenge for all of us! I think it turned out pretty good though. I'm so happy I could help them out just a little by making this video. But mostly I'm so inspired by the dedication of these amazing servants and thankful that I got a glimpse of their world.
Monday, December 16, 2013
Seeing is believing
This is the other video I worked on when I was in Kenya earlier this year. I didn't do the editing, but I did shoot most of the video and helped write the script. After every one of those interviews I was like "really?!" or "wowww" or "how did I never know any of this?" The information was all new to me. And the experience of filming deaf people was completely different from anything I've ever done. Normally in an interview I will listen to a person's response and then ask them to say it again in just a few sentences or in just a few seconds. Well that doesn't work for deaf people because they are story tellers, and they don't think or communicate in neat little sound bites. It was a unique challenge for all of us! I think it turned out pretty good though. I'm so happy I could help them out just a little by making this video. But mostly I'm so inspired by the dedication of these amazing servants and thankful that I got a glimpse of their world.
No comments:
Post a Comment