Monday, March 3, 2014
A teaching/learning experience
Most of January and February was spent back in my beloved Brazil teaching English to missionaries, pastors, teachers, students and everyday people. Not being a teacher myself, this is something I never thought I would, should or could do. But the opportunity arose, the magic word "Brazil" was spoken and lots of encouragement was given. So I couldn't not give it a try.
For me it was a completely new kind of experience. I've never been able to know exactly who or how many people I've helped, or how much I've actually helped them. But now I can look at these pictures and say, "THESE are all the people who heard my whole life story and who told their life stories because I taught them how. These people I helped." I can also say, "I learned as much from these people as they learned from me. These people helped me." Looking at each of their faces I feel really proud of what they accomplished, and that makes me feel like I accomplished something too.

No comments:
Post a Comment