Thursday, December 27, 2012

Changing locations

Been back in the USA for a little more than a week now. It's always good to come home, to spend holidays with my family and get caught up on all my favorite American pastimes. I don't think I've been away from Brazil long enough to really be able to say how much this past year has meant to me. It was really special. I hope that Brazil and I can have many more good years together. Soon it will be time to jump into the next phase of my journey, once I get a new visa and figure out exactly what that next phase will be. In the meantime, here's the last couple adventures I went on before I left Brazil . . .



Ilhabela: A huge mountainous island off the coast of São Paulo. We spent a whole day exploring several charming little beaches up and down the island. Then we went splashing and climbing all over some waterfalls. It was so much fun! The name Ilhabela means beautiful island, and it really is a stunning place, and a great adventure with wonderful friends. Also . . .



Serra Negra: An adorable little country town out in the mountains. Big city people love to go here for the never-ending shopping streets and super cheap prices. Also the greenery and fresh mountain air make it a great escape from crazy city life. After riding the chairlift to the second biggest Jesus statue in Brazil, we spent the day walking in the rain, eating açaí and drinking cappuccinos. It was completely refreshing and enjoyable!

*Click here for more pictures*

No comments:

Post a Comment