Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Brasileiros sabem festejar
How lucky am I that birthdays are a big deal in Brazil! The celebrations began with my friend Jenn's birthday on Thursday, when we were both delighted by a shared surprise party. We had a blast playing viscious card games and getting serenaded with birthday songs. Then on Friday, my birthday, I had my weekly "almoço do sorvete" (ice cream lunch) with Jenn and Jo, followed by more cake when we got to school. Later Tia Zezé, Silvia and I cooked up a feast and hung out all night with a bunch of wonderful friends and neighbors. On Saturday I headed over to my teacher Maria's house for a "churrasco" (BBQ) . . . BUT I somehow got on the wrong bus, saw way more of the city and beyond than I ever wanted to, thought I might never get there, but finally did arrive two hours later. Thankfully just in time to eat! Later after church I made some new friends, had my first hamburger in a month, and got sang to once again. I couldn't be more grateful for all the delicious foods, moments and people who made this birthday definitely incredibly unforgettable. [fotografia]

1 comment:
:D Can I come there for my birthday??
Post a Comment