Saturday, July 4, 2015

Next Stop Thailand

Here is my latest newsletter...

Hello dear friends and family! I hope you all are enjoying some summer fun with loved ones. I’m so grateful I was recently able to spend a few weeks up north, celebrating birthdays and anniversaries with family in Washington and Idaho and training in Colorado for my next missions adventure. In just a few days I will be on my way to Thailand for two months!

 Visiting Grand Coulee Dam in Washington with my grandparents.

The idea for a summer mission trip to Thailand came up earlier this year. My plans to return to Brazil longterm continued to be at a standstill, but that didn’t mean I needed to stay still any longer. Sometimes being patient and waiting is the right thing to do. And other times taking action is the best choice, especially when an opportunity for ministry in Thailand with a good friend comes along!

Please keep my teammate Dana and I in your thoughts and prayers as we travel and serve overseas. We’ll primarily be teaching English at a small village church in northern Thailand. English is seen as a huge asset, a way to make a better living and a better life. And in the village where we’ll be staying, the local church wants to use English lessons as a way to reach out to their community, which is largely Buddhist. We’ll also be volunteering in a missionary guest house and helping our students harvest rice in their fields!

Team Thailand! Preparing for our Southeast Asia summer mission.

I’m excited to be able to work alongside missionaries and the local church in northern Thailand, to be a blessing in the community and teach them something valuable. I wouldn’t be able to do any of this—and I wouldn’t want to—without you, your prayers, encouragement and financial generosity. We make a great team! Thank you. Love, Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice newsletter. I'm eagerly awaiting your next one!

Post a Comment