Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Divine appointments


I got to see my good buddy Mike last week. He rode down from Michigan with his Christian motorcycle club. (I want a motorcycle bad!!!) Anyways, it was awesome because I was originally supposed to work that night, but someone got canned, and my manager shuffled everyone's schedules around. It was totally one of those God-orchestrated situations. Kind of like how I met Mike in the first place. We were at a restaurant on a roof in Monrovia in 2007 having the typical "where are you from" conversation. "Oh I was in Michigan a few years ago... a wedding... a tall Norwegian girl named Marit." Come to find out Mike was there too. He happened to be an old friend of Mark, who I met on the ship in 2000, and who married my roommate Marit a few years later. That's how Mike knew about the ship, and that's how we wound up on a roof in Monrovia. Actually I'm pretty sure we met at the wedding, but neither of us remember that. I just love when stuff like that happens. It feels like God is winking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment