Monday, January 28, 2008

The land of snow and ice

...and CARS! I just spent a week in Michigan visiting Marit and Mark (old DTS and Anastasis friends) and Mike (Africa Mercy friend). I had the complete Michigan experience. First we went to the Henry Ford museum and saw everything from horse drawn carriages to the Wienermobile. Then we went to the Detroit auto show and saw what happens when car designers run wild with their imaginations. It was cool! I also experienced lots of snow and freezing temps. One day Marit and I drove to the other side of the state to meet up with Emily and Katie (more Africa Mercy pals). We rented snowshoes and actually walked out onto Lake Michigan on some frozen wave mountains. Another day Mike and I drove over to Canada to meet up with Marrissa (we were in Texas together) and we had a blast all over Ontario. It was a great trip and totally worth the freezing just to hang out with these awesome people again! [Pictures please.]

No comments:

Post a Comment