Thursday, February 12, 2015

In the middle of it all


I'm just finishing up a six week stay in Chapada dos Guimarães. I came to work with a Bible translation workshop for indians and missionaries from all over Brazil. I'd been hearing about it and talking about it and writing emails about it for three years. So it meant a lot to me to finally get to see it and be a part of it in real life. And knowing that even though we all came from different countries, tribes, languages, organizations and religious backgrounds, we're all part of the same family... that's definitely my favorite thing about working for God. The world keeps getting smaller, and my family keeps getting bigger.


Being a part of something important and seeing God at work is pretty good, but add stunning natural beauty to that, and it gets way way better. Chapada dos Guimarães is located in the very middle of the continent of South America, and some people believe it holds some mystical geological powers. I just think it has the power to make me say "wow!" more than ever. And that has the power to make me very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment