Sunday, January 15, 2012
Brazil at last
My first week in Brazil . . . what a whirlwind of awesomeness! This country is quickly climbing to the top of my favorite places list. I'm already overwhelmed by how many beautiful people I've met, so welcoming and helpful, always making sure I have kisses on the cheek and coffee in my hand. My host Tia Zezé is especially wonderful. She's teaching me to cook, and yesterday we went to the feira to check out the exotic fruits and veg. We strolled around town, snacked and dodged rain all day. So far my Portuguese classes have been intense but so good. I'm the only student in my classes, so no spacing out for me. Especially with Maria, who speaks zero English. There are quite a few other missionaries around who are fun to hang with. Last week we ventured out to the circus, and soon we'll get in some road trips! [more pictures here]



4 comments:
Oh my my....I don't even know where to start. I want PASTEL!!! I'm so happy you're there. The fruit is awesome, I love Jaca. I'm hanging on your every word here Keldog....hahaha so keep writing! MUCH love from shall I say....Your best Brazilian.
I had two pastels in one day! Don't hate. Yes, I suppose you will always be my first and best Brazilian.
This was such an impressive show, Kelly!! What fun we had looking at your first week. SOOOOO cool. Looks like you were in a social whirlwind. If so, Great!!!! Your favorite Dad
Sao Paolo looked like a crazy day. Thanks for sharing it! Your fan. Pa
Post a Comment