Since I've moaned a few times about nothing working out for me and having no direction in life, it's a huge relief that I can finally finish that story and start a new one. Things are happening. Life is changing. I guess it started last summer. I applied for another job that I absolutely knew I could do. I had total confidence in myself. Honestly my heart wasn't really in it anymore, but I decided I'd give it one more shot. It was more of a test than anything. So when I didn't get the job I took it as a sign straight from God that it was time to move in a completely different direction. "OK, let's try something that I don't know I can do, something I've never done before, so I'll have to rely on God instead of myself."
And guess what. It worked. Shocker.
So later this year I'm moving to BRAZIL!
First I learn Portuguese, then I'll be a volunteer coordinator for anybody who wants to go help out some Bible translators in the Amazon. I joined up with Wycliffe Associates, the same org that my dad does architecting for. Speaking of the parents, it's amazing how they still have this weird ability to speak wisdom into my life. They heard about this position a few years ago and said "Kelly you'd be good at that" and I was like "Nah I'm gonna get a real job and make money." It's like when I was 20 and all "I'm a missionary in Africa" and they're like "You should really finish college." It was a bummer, but I did it, and it actually turned out to be the most un-hated time of my educational career. And obviously the right thing to do in the long run. So I'm hoping that listening to my parents again will bode well for me. I basically have no idea what I'm getting into, but I'm grateful and optimistic and pretty darn excited.
5 comments:
You are seriously one of the coolest people on Earth!
Seriously cool for sure!
Waaaaay cool!!!!!
We are excited too! - Mark & Catherine
I should also give my bff some credit here. She inspired/prodded me to consider reconsidering a future in the missionary biz. She's wise.
Post a Comment