Friday, October 22, 2010
Plan D
I rode my bike 14 miles today, to work and back. I have to do random spontaneous stuff like that sometimes just to smack myself around. I've been in a rut lately, a big deep rut. Usually I can hide my frustrations pretty well, but it wasn't happening today. So I took it all out on my bike and legs instead of customers and coworkers. It worked a little, for today. But the rut's still there, and I'm still in it. I've tried to make things happen. I've waited and not tried to make things happen. Neither method has done much for me. I wonder if I made a wrong turn somewhere. Or else I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. God, I hope that's the case. All I know is, I had a plan A and a B and a C, and they all failed. So I've been living plan D for three years now. I put my heart and soul into plan D and embraced every mundane bit of it. Because maybe this really is where I'm supposed to be right now. It's definitely been a time of getting stretched and shaped and tested and refined. I'm OK with that. But it's still plan D! How long can I make the most of plan D? Am I supposed to be satisfied with plan D? I don't think so. There's more. There's gotta be more. I'm too young and free and full of potential to be stuck in this rut. C'mon life, let's get with it.
1 comment:
BEEN WISHING THE SAME FOR YOU, BEAUTIFUL.
DAD (AND MOM TOO)
Post a Comment