Monday, December 28, 2009

The secret to life

I think one of the secrets to life is doing something you care about, or at least caring about what you're doing. For some reason right now I really care about steaming perfect foam and being the best floor mopper ever. I'm extremely grateful for my job at Starbucks. Grateful to have a job, period. I've been trying to find a new job, or second job, for a while now. I have skills and qualifications, and I even thought I heard from God a couple times. But nothing has happened yet. Closed doors; enough already. Open windows; more please. I believe in stuff like "whatever you do work at it with all your heart" and the "being faithful in the little things" principle. I've never really had to put those ideas into action on a regular basis though. But in my current penniless position I think I would be a miserable wreck if I didn't. I always knew I would like working at Starbucks, but I never thought it would be the job that made me a better person. Some of my previous jobs and adventures kind of ruined the ordinary for me. So most days feel like I'm in a rut. But that's where I am, and I'm okay with it. I'm determined to live fully where I am instead of always waiting for what's next. At the same time I'm trying to believe that God does have more in store for me, and that someday all this being faithful and working with my heart business will pay off. Oh wait, I suppose it already has.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

You inspire me sister. Love you!

jaye-bo said...

oh honey....it will happen

Post a Comment